Easiest and delicious! German pancake/Dutch baby
July 4, 2014 § Leave a comment
This is a quick, easy version of the German pancakes or Dutch baby that we first discovered at Mon Ami Gabi in Vegas. They have one of the best breakfasts I’ve ever had and I could eat there every day because of their “big skinny pancakes,” which is like a giant version of this. While I have no idea how they make theirs and can’t really replicate it exactly, this is a good, super easy home version that makes two perfectly portioned servings.
I like to just have it with fresh berries and a squeeze of lemon. But it can be served with a fruit syrup and/ or powdered sugar or cinnamon apples or whatever your heart may desire!
Yield 2 9-inch pancakes.
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup flour, sifted
2/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons soft butter
Whatever you need for serving (e.g fresh berries and a lemon)
1. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. Butter two 9-inch cake pans well.
3. Put eggs in blender container, cover and process at “stir” until light yellow in color.
4. Push “mix” button, remove cover and add remaining ingredients; process until smooth.
5. Pour into prepared pans and bake 20 minutes.
6. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake 10 minutes. Slide onto hot plates.
7. Serve with a squeeze of lemon and some fresh berries (perhaps lightly macerated with a tad bit of sugar) or however you’d like.
From Smitten Kitchen