Baked brie with apples, pecans, and cranberries
October 6, 2013 § Leave a comment
I got this wonderful recipe from a close friend. It is a simple, delicious appetizer that is perfect for this time of year when the air is crisp and the leaves start to turn. And it couldn’t be easier to make – it just needs to be assembled and heated! Photos courtesy of the lovely Brigid.
- 8 oz brie – I used a 7 oz wedge because I couldn’t find an 8 oz wheel
- 1/2 cup apple diced small, give or take (precision is not necessary here!)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (eg, Craisins)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp melted butter (or just super soft butter)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the apples, pecans, cranberries, cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter
- Slice the brie in half horizontally (like you’re making a sandwich) and separate the two halves
- Place one half of the brie on an oven proof plate, cut side up. Cover with half the apple mixture.
- Put the top half of the brie sandwich on (rind side up), then cover it with the other half of the apples
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, basically until the cheese is as gooey as you want it! Serve with crackers or french bread, or eat with a spoon when no one is looking.