Grilled Spicy Chicken with Black Bean, Avocado & Grilled Vegetable Salad
May 20, 2011 § 1 Comment
Now that it’s decidedly summer in the south–the magnolia’s are blooming and lilies are almost done!–we decided it was time to break out the grill. Here’s another one from the ATK crowd. This one’s from the low-brow, but equally useful and delicious CC. They just wanted to make the accompanying salad with black beans and avocado though. So I went against my better judgement and decided to fix their recipe. So we added grilled zucchini, corn, and red onions to the mix. Overall a complete and total success. The only thing I would do next time is add some more black beans because of the corn to everything else ratio (we have issues cooking for two people still and I wanted to use all the corn I bought). And make sure to just leave in as many chipotle seeds as you want per taste for heat. I know some of us don’t like to cook chicken, but this was flavorful and quite good. The black bean etc salad would be great alone for pot lucks or just with something else.
|1/3||cup lime juice|
|1/2||cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves (B, you’d probably want to add some more)|
|1/4||cup olive oil|
|2||chipotle chiles , roughly chopped, plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce|
|3||medium cloves garlic , minced (or grated/pressed)|
|2||teaspoons ground cumin|
|8||boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts|
|2-3 cans (16 ounces each) black beans , drained and rinsed|
|1/2||cup chopped scallions (or grilled red onion)|
|13-5||red bell pepper , grilled and cut however you want it cutears of corn, grilled or prepared however you prefer, kernels cut off of cob|
|1||ripe avocado , cubed|
|1||Lime wedges for serving (if you’re serving company)|
1. Light grill. Whisk lime juice, cilantro, oil, chiles and sauce, honey, garlic, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together in small bowl.
2. Toss chicken with 1/4 cup lime juice mixture in separate large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Marinate chicken in refrigerator while grill continues to preheat.
3. Grill chicken and vegetables over very hot fire until well browned on both sides and cooked through, 8 to 13 minutes. Transfer chicken to serving platter and drizzle with remaining lime juice mixture (if desired, we didn’t need to do this).
4. Toss beans, scallions/red onion, red pepper, corn and avocado with 1/4 cup lime juice mixture in serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve with Riondo Pink and enjoy!