Pecan or Poppy Seed Rolls
December 21, 2010 § Leave a comment
Recipe comes from writing down what my grandma was doing and forcing her to measure things after she eyeballs it.
1 cup lukewarm water
2 pkg fast-rising yeast
2 tsp sugar
5 cups bread flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks butter at room temp
2 large eggs, beaten
2 tbl grand marnier
1. In small bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in lukewarm water. Set aside
2. In a large bowl, “cut” butter into flour, salt and sugar using hands. Add eggs, orange flavor, yeast
3. Roll out dough.
4. Use 1 can poppy seed for 1/2 of dough
4. spread with melted butter, then cinnamon, brown sugar and pecans
6. Cut into 3/4 inch slices and place in pan
7. Let rise until double in size.
8. Brush with butter on top.
9. Bake 350 for 30 minutes.
10. While warm, brush with vanilla frosting.
Makes 2 pans (about 14 rolls)