AMAZING Chocolate Cupcakes
April 12, 2010 § 2 Comments
Ultimate chocolate cupcakes with ganache filling
makes 12 cupcakes
AmTestK May 2010
2 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped fine (Callebaut Intense Dark or Ghirardelli Bittersweet Baking Bar)
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tbl powdered sugar
3 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/3 cup (1 oz) Dutch-processed cocoa
3/4 cup hot coffee
3/4 cup bread flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
6 tbl vegetable oil
2 large eggs
2 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
The Ganache: place chocolate, cream, and powdered sugar in microwave-safe bowl and heat on high 20-30 seconds. Whisk until smooth, place bowl in refrigerator and chill (no longer than 30 minutes). **Also can be done in make-shift double-boiler as I did.
1. Preheat oven to 350, with oven-rack in middle position.
2. Line standard-sized muffin pan with baking-cup liners.
3. Place chocolate and cocoa in medium bowl. Pour hot coffee over mixture and whisk until smooth. Cool completely (20 minutes in fridge).
4. Whisk flour, sugar, salt and baking soda in medium bowl.
5. Whisk oil, eggs, vinegar and vanilla into cooled chocolate-cocoa-coffee mixture until smooth. Add flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
6. Divide batter evenly among muffin pan cups (makes 12, with approx 1/2 cup in each).
7. Place one slightly rounded tsp of ganache filling on top of each cupcake.
8. Bake until cupcakes are set and just firm to touch, 17 to 19 minutes.
9. Cook in pan on wire rack until cool enough to touch (10 minutes). Remove from pan and cool on wire rack to room temperature before frosting.
10. Frost with 2-3 tbl delicious frosting.